Friday 29 July 2016

3 best compliments I ever got

Few days ago. I overheard a conversation of a couple when one person was almost attacking the other one, trying the make him say a compliment. 
That really got me thinking what does define a "compliment", why do we need to hear them and if it is only after hearing them that we actually get a full grasp of what the comliments referred to.

I am not a person seeking compliments and validation, but I hearing some nice things about myself understandably brightens my day.
That, with all honesty, does not happen very often. 
When I get compliments, they sound ... uhm ... special. 
The overheard conversation really scared me though and so I decided to go ahead and share with you 3 best compliments I ever got. 
The aim is to show that if compliments occur, can take any form and you can always take them in a way you want.


Disclaimer - the following sentences might not have been originally meant as compliments, but I choose to take them as such. 
I absolutely love the fact that Mr. Darke and Mr. Hernandez were able to notice those particular qualities of mine and comment on them in a very heart-warming way. :)

1. "You seem very awkward, but you don´t hide it, you own it. Is is a unique quality." Mr. Darke

2. "If I were your legs, I would run away. All that running, mountaneering and shit." Mr. Hernandez 

3. "One can just never tell, when you´re on your period, you are just nice all the time." Mr. Hernandez 



No comments:

Post a Comment